"Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders." --Henry David Thoreau The Green Postbus: celandine poppy seeds, and other seeds

Tuesday

celandine poppy seeds, and other seeds

This page for sales of my Virginia Bluebell seeds and my other seeds is not current... rather, please go to THIS PAGE  » »



















































































































































































































































 
Celandine Poppy - seeds for sale - ordering time is between April and June each year.  Call to order.
CELANDINE POPPY - Stylophorum diphyllum
These bloom at the same time as Va. Bluebells; when paired together the display is stunning. And just like Va. Bluebells, these seeds cannot be allowed to dry out and need to be planted right away. I will pack them in moist potting soil for you and mail them.

Delicate and rare, clear yellow poppy flowers with uniquely-shaped glaucous (bluish) leaves.
The Celandine poppy is a native plant and is a great shade garden plant. It is a long-lived perennial which will re-seed and make more plants for you over time. Mature plants are 12-18 inches tall and 12-16" wide. They are lovely when planted with the sky-blue Virginia Bluebell because they bloom at the same time.

Like the Virginia Bluebell, you won't find Celandine Poppy seeds for sale in garden centers or grocery stores, because the seeds of Celandine poppies must be kept moist and must be planted right away. So they will not survive if they are dried and placed in those seed packets you see for sale on racks in stores. And individual potted plants in garden centers will be $10 each or more --if you can find them. One reason you don't find them for sale very often is that they don't transplant well.

Like the Va. Bluebell, Celandine Poppy seeds won't germinate until the following spring, and will not flower that first year, but most woodland and native-plant gardeners are very aware that patience is a virtue! These are long-lived plants and will flower every year once they are mature.

The seeds I'm offering for sale are from my own plants which bloom around April where I live in SW Wisconsin... my seeds are usually ready in June. I will pack your seeds with moisture, and will mail your seeds to you as soon as they are shed by the plant. You will need to plant them ASAP so they don't get moldy.

TO PLACE AN ORDER:
Please phone me, Janet, 608-624-5511 and I will  ask you whether you wish to pay with PayPal or send a check. Once you pay, I will mail the seeds to you, postpaid, as soon as they are shed by the plant. You will receive 200+ seeds, plus growing instructions, for $20 postpaid.

Note that this offer is only good for a limited time in the spring when the seeds are ready; I do not store seeds here longterm, so you will need to order seeds from me around April to June. I'll try to update here if I can, too.